Thursday 3 June 2010

A tolerance?

Another story about tolerance. Yesterday, I went to Salemba and I took the Trans Jakarta because I thought it was cheaper than I took the standard bus and also thought about effectiveness. If I took the standard bus, how long I would spend in the road, then traffic jam and of course I needed to spend more cash. Therefore, I decided to took the Trans Jakarta because the terminal is near from my house (I mean not closely near but I still can reach with a public transportation from my house).

The bus was very long time afterward the bus came. The bus situation is crammed full (not too crammed full) even there was some people had to stand up include me. Because I started from Kebon Jeruk terminal, I had to stop in Grogol terminal after that change the other bus to go to Harmoni next change another bus to Senen terminal afterward took other bus to Salemba… Wew very long journey… but that was not the problem.

When I was in the Trans Jakarta, there were many people; students, workers, man, woman, young, old and even kids. I was a bit upset when I saw there were two old women with their kids and picked back their kids. I looked at my surrounding there was no one wants to give their seat to those women. OMG… where is your tolerance? Do not you have pity on them? I decided to up from my seat then gave my seat to one of them.

I simply confuse, why there is no one has a tolerance with other people. Indonesian is famous because of the kindness, have a respect each other. Now, I think democracy and globalization have made the Indonesian people being terrible individual, only think about themselves, and never cared about other people around them. You are not in America, Europe, or other nation you live in Indonesia. Therefore, why do you have to act like that? Do you think you are good? I do not think. I am not a kind person but I always try for being a nice person for everyone wherever I am. because as I know being a nice person it is not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment